1. On the class level, a list of favorite books proposed by students is made. A single book (by vote or negotiation) is chosen and all students must read it in a given period of time. During this period, the teacher checks if students read the book through questions about characters, content, place and period, message, etc.
2. Workshops will be organized with different themes (group work):
- The Painting workshop: theme - Creating a new cover for the book read. The cover will be glued to the outside of the classroom door. If more students enroll, then all the materials created by students will be displayed on the door.
- The Dramatization workshop: theme - Staging a beloved scene from the book (respecting the dialogues in the book or creating other lines)
- The Creative workshop: theme - Creating a new ending for the book read.
- The Costume creation workshop: theme - Creating the costume for your favorite character from the book. A costume parade can be organized!
- The Journalism workshop: theme - writing news / an article about the activity or reviewing the book.
Each workshop may choose a name connected with the contents of the book.
3. The outcomes of all groups are presented in front of all classmates and parents.
4. The teacher asks students to find a suitable word to describe how they felt during the activity, write it down on a post and stick it on the classroom door.
5. The teacher asks students to explain the title given to the activity “Books open doors!”. He/she makes comments on the activity of each group and offers personalized bookmarks to each student!